cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail 8.0(3) with Outlook 2010

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

Does Viewmail 8.0(3) work with Office 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit?

24 Replies 24

Yes, I changed the settings for both ext. and server. I also changed the output to play on the PC speakers and record on the phone..

As I stated, it plays fine if I click on the .wav file. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Seems to me that Viewmail isn't working at all for you.  You should be able to play the wav file by clicking on it without ever installing Viewmail - seems like that's the functionality you're seeing.

I have mine playing back to the phone, so there might be some other limitations that I'm not seeing.  Where do you change the output?  I don't have the menu item.

Sorry I can't offer any more.

Here is partial screen shot of how we've always changed the playback devices, and under “Options” for the server/ext. options.

Thanks anyway.

I have this same problem and it's been plaguing me for months.

I've applied the registry/developer form workaround, but it only seems to work sporadically in our office.

With my playback device set to my soundcard, I click on the arrow and nothing happens. I can get it to play through my phone, but that is of no use to me. I got upgraded recently to a new laptop. Office 2010 and Viewmail were the first things I installed to prove this wasn't a conflict caused by another program. Same problem.

We don't have time to try this workaround at every user's machine: We need a compatible version from Cisco or management will begin asking why don't we switch to a competitor.

Greg,

Which version of the ViewMail client are you using?  If you're using the 8.x client you may be experiencing the same issues I ran into.  I could not get PC playback to work at all with that version.

We're currently using the 7.0(4) version of the client without issue.  Both playback to PC and phone appear to work fine.  Of course there are still no menus available outside the ViewMail form itself, but it does work.

You may run into a problem after removing the 8.0(3) client and installing 7.0(4).  In our situation we found that Outlook would throw an error stating it was blocking macros in the form due to security restrictions, although that's not verbatim.  I found that there was a single registry key left behind by the 8.0(3) client that caused this problem.

If you run into that issue let me know and I'll post the registry key you need to remove.

Regards,

Ty

Ty,

Thanks for the help.

I've rolled back to version 7.0.2 (Cisco doesn't list a 7.0.4)

I'm getting these errors in order:

1. Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine.

2. Viewmail for Outlook has either never been installed on this machine or has been uninstalled. The form will now be unpublished from your inbox.

If I try to re-publish the form, I get the "to prevent malicious code" error.

This may not be exactly what you saw, but would you mind posting the registry key that needs to be deleted to see if it resolves this issue?

Greg,

Sorry, I did mean 7.0(4).  Their versioning gets confusing.

Here's the registry information.  If you paste the following into a .reg file and run it I've formated it to simply remove the key automatically.  This does only apply to Windows XP from what I've seen so far.  It's probably a different key in Windows Vista or 7.  I didn't attach the file simply because I'm not sure if this forum would block an reg file.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{4CD89391-F289-11d2-8E6B-00C04FF0D76F}]

"Compatibility Flags"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{4CD89391-F289-11d2-8E6B-00C04FF0D76F}]

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know if that doesn't work.  I have a Windows 7 computer that I can probably run the installer for 8.0(3) on, uninstall it, then run a before/after snapshot on the registry.  That's how I figured out what the key was on WinXP.

Regards,

Ty

That seems to have worked. Thank you very much!

Just curious which unity 7.0(4) client you are using? I can't seem to find the one you guys are talking about.

Got to the point where I had same problem with 8.0(3) where when I hit the play button in the email message in outlook 2010 / windows 7 64 bit, it would play through the phone but not through speakers.

Wouldn't mind trying th 7.0(4) client, but there are so many unity client options that I have no idea which one to choose!

thanks for your help!

gregdeese
Level 1
Level 1

First off thanks to all who have replied to this thread.  All the  information was very helpful and allowed me to resolve the issue of only  playing the v-mail via the phone after installing 8.0(3).  Upgrading to  8.0(4) and going through the registry update/custom form publishing  process worked perfect.  However, I'm looking for any info on an  automated process for publishing the voicemail.oft form with Outlook  2010.  The registry update we can do via the login process but we're  trying to work around having the Help Desk manually publish the form for  all our users as they're upgraded to Win7/Office 2010.  Has anyone  worked out a trick for that process? Any additional info that can be  shared is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.