Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail losing server on Outlook 2013

Paul Lehnert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running a test for my office and have installed Office 2013 32 bit on my machine.  I installed the 32bit version of Viewmail, and it installed okay.  I did the initial setup fine, but went back into the settings to change one thing.  I realized that it has no server information in the server name after that.  It is also greyed out so it won't let me put that information back in.  I am using Viewmail 10.0.1.1, and Windows 7 if that helps.

Hoping someone has had this issue and found a solution for it.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would go with that then.  Hope this helps!

Thanks

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

If you run your Outlook 2013 as an admin are you then allowed to modify the server field?  That might also be the reason why the server name did not stay in the first place.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

I tried that the same thing happened.  But I also switched back to 2010 to try it there.  The same thing happened in 2010.  It seems that version of Viewmail is looking for that information on the exchange server.  Sadly it wasn't there so nothing to populate with.

You should also be able to manually delete/add the account.  Are you able to add an additonal or deleted the existing and add a new account?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

I can delete it and recreate it.  But the same thing happens when I do.  I can't add in an extra one cause it says all existing email accounts have been associated with a viewmail.

Can you supply a screen shot?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

I attached 3 screen shots.  One of the setup where I put in the server information.  One where I show the server blank when you go to change settings.  The third is the error when trying to add a new account.

There is one thing I realized.  This was done on someone elses machine as well.  This only happens when it's a new install.  If you are upgrading from version 9 to 10, the server field is populated.

This is a screen shot from the computer that did an upgrade instead of a new install.  As you can see it has the server information there. It's a work around for us for now.  We will just have to install 9 first, set that up, then install 10.

While it is a workaround you still should not have to do that step.  I know you said you are running viewmail version 10.  What version is you Unity Connection platform?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

We are running Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2.20000-76

From the compatibility matrix it looks like you should be running Viewmail for Outlook version 9.0.2 for Unity Connection 8.6/8.5

- http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/compatibility/matrix/cucclientmtx.html#pgfId-222435

Do you have the same issue with 9.0.2?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

No we don't.  9.0.2 works fine for us.

I would go with that then.  Hope this helps!

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: