Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

VM Passwords

Hello, is it possible to set unity to not use passwords for all hotel guest, but to use passwords for all Staff voicemails. I only see the option to allow blank passwords, but that looks like a setting for everyone.

If we allow no passwords, here is my next questions:

1. user presses mail button on phone, unity allows user into mailbox right away without asking for a password: correct?

2. User dials Voicemail from outside of their room, enters thier mailbox number, Does unity allow the user in? Or are they prompted for a password at this point? If it prompts for a password where would we enter that password, but still allowing direct access to voicemail via the message button.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: VM Passwords

In Unity 4.2(1) there is the option on a per user basis that allows you to skip the PW if you're calling from a known device (i.e. the phone associated with the subscriber's primary extension). This will do what you want. Versions prior to 4.2(1) will require a PW no matter where you call from or how you have it setup unless you use blank PWs (which we don't reccommend).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content