cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vmail sytem states my mailbox is almost full but I deleted all my messages?

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

When I click on the mailbox button on my phone, I CONTINUALLY GET PROMPTED BY V.MAIL SYSTEM STATING MY MAILBOX IS ALMOST FULL AND TO DELETE SOME MESSAGES. I'VE DELETED ALL SAVED MESSAGES BUT MAYBE TWO. TODAY WHEN I GOT THE PROMPT, I HAD IT PERMANENTLY DELETE ALL DELETED MESSAGES (LIKE I ALWAYS DO WHEN RECEIVING THE PROMPT) AND THE NEXT TIME I ACCESSED MY MAILBOX I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE. I THEN EMPTIED ALL DELETED ITEMS AND ONLY HAD 7 MESSAGES FROM UNITY MESSAGING IN MY INBOX, OF WHICH I DELETED 4 THEN COULD ACCESS MESSAGES. I'VE SEARCHED EVERY FOLDER I HAVE IN OUTLOOK FOR MESSAGES FROM UNITY AND HAVE NONE. I'D LIKE TO SEE IF MY MAILBOX SIZE CAN BE INCREASED OR IF THIS IS REALLY A PROBLEM.

2 Replies 2

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

can u check using Exchange System manager to see how many messages are in the inbox of the user and is it close to the warning set for the users ??

djohnson
Level 1
Level 1

First of all, the unity mailbox determines the size of your mailbox based on the exchange message store settings. This is a global (or individual setting) within exchange. It relates this to not only unity messages, but also email messages. You need to check your inbox (any subfolders under the inbox), sent items and deleted items.

If you are still having issues, you can use the unity message store administrator to change the size of your mailbox on an individual basis if needed. (You will need to download this tool for unity, it is not part of the tools depot by default)

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: