cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO client hangs outlook 2000

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Unity 4.03 UM failover system. Works fine for most users but on some clients the VMO (4.03b) hangs when trying to configure it. It causes Outlook to hang and then eventually will ring Unity with no answer for 2 minutes and then Unity answers but with silence. Client is windows 2000, Outlook2000 with sp3 and some with sr1 - problem is not common to any type i.e problems with sp3 and sr1 versions of Outlook. Confirmed with customer that theres no security s/w on the pc's i.e VPN secure client.

Can anyone pls advise.

TIA

Jeff

5 Replies 5

vharsha
Level 3
Level 3

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "trying to configure it"? It appears that you are unable to play your voice messages over the phone from VMO. If yes, could you try the same from Unity Inbox?

Yes, you are right I do mean that they are unable to play voice messages over the phone from VMO. We have not purchased licenses for Inbox to do the test - can we test anyway for demo purposes.

Jeff

In that case, you can use Unity Assistant to test the telephone playback functionality. Unity Assistant is not licensed. Try to play a greeting or a user's recorded name over the phone using the media player in Unity Assistant and let me know how it goes. You can email me and we can try to troubleshoot this offline.

Harsha, thanks for the response. I tried to use the Assistant tool as you advised but unfortunetly the media bar is greyed out (just a red cross appears) - possible DCOM issue. have noticed this on both a working and a failing client.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Jeff

fixed problem with greyed out play buttons on media bar and all works ok i.e using active assistant or inbox we can play messages to the phone. Vmo still hangs.

Also getting following error msg:

DCOM got error "General access denied error "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: