Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

voice garbelled when retrieving voicemail

Folks,

We are running call manager 4.0(4) SR1 connected to out PBX systems. Very often people complain of garbelled voice when checking their voicemail, we have to reboot the server to fix the problem. any ideas?

5 REPLIES

Re: voice garbelled when retrieving voicemail

are you running Unity 4.0(4)?? garbled voice can be a couple things:

Is your Unity box running slooooww.... If Exchange is fragmented, it could be streaming the wav file fragmented. (unlikely, but is possible)

What is your Unity Integration like? Dialogic? TSP to callmanager?

But if you are rebooting to fix the problem, you could have something running on the Unity server that is causing it to slow down. (services hung, Exchange overloaded, etc)

we have a dialogin card integration, we have a very powerful box so i we do not think that anything is slowing down, anything else you can think off?

You should probably be using 4.0(5) SP1. I am pretty sure there were some fixes from 4.0(4) that revolved around Dialogic cards.

Also, on the dialogic cards, there are some newer firmwares. If you pulled the Dialogic cards out of the box, didnt set the jumpers or update the firmware.. then you probably need to do this. I was looking for the last copy I had, but I can't find them.

Did the machine just start doing this and it was fine before?

we have a dual integration (PBX and IP), we experience this problem lately. People can leave messages fine, when we can not hear the messages clearly. sometimes it is so bad that we can not hear anything after if type in the mailbox password. does not matter if we are checking the voicemail from the pbx system or the callmanager system.

what would you recommend?

1) upgrade the unity to 4.0(5) SR1?

2) Upgrade the firmware on the dilogic card?

3) look at jumper settings?

anything else?

How many dialogic cards do you have? If you have can narrow the dialogic card down, maybe you just have a bad card. (not shocking) Try this:

Dial into Unity to the port number

Example:

Dialogic card... 8 port (2 4-port cards)

Pilot number off the PBX is 8400.

Port 1-4 on Dialogic card. 8401, 8402,8403, 8404

Port 5-8 on Dialogic Card 8405, 8406, 8407, 8408

Dial each of these numbers to see if one port is bad, or all are bad. You can at least narrow it down to one card, or one port or both cards.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content