Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice GW Config Question

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

Yesterday I posted a question about redesigning the way our voice network looks, I'm removing 6 CUCM 4.3 boxes and I'm going to have those sites register with our Sub which is 10.5.1 in our data center across the WAN. Jaime answered my question and gave me some good insight on what to do for each site.

1.Create DP,CSS,PT on the Pub

2.Enable SRST on the GW

3.Make necessary changes on GW

4.Create LRG to have the site use their local GW

I've been reading on how to get these task done and I have a question about #3, I'm looking at the config from the GW for the  test sight and the VoIP dial peer is referencing the CUCM node currently on site. Would modifying the IPV4 address to reflect the new CUCM node at the data center be the only change that I would have to make to the config?

I also want to say thanks for all the help that everyone has given me with really quick responses to my questions. I just changed jobs and I went from doing primarily MACD to now I'm actually the person who is doing the implementation. I've never done implementation before but I know if I stick with it and help from this board I'll be a super star yet.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Correct, need to change the IP address on the DP to reflect the new one. Also, need to look at SCCP resources (conference bridge or transcoders if any) and those need to be changed. 

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Correct, need to change the IP address on the DP to reflect the new one. Also, need to look at SCCP resources (conference bridge or transcoders if any) and those need to be changed. 

Please rate useful posts.

George

I checked and there are no Conference or Trancoders in the config so I'm good to go, and I really appreciate your help.

Eric