cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail for the two subscriber on the unity.

lal.mohammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got the unity and CUCM, I have two site as “A” and “B” each site with four digit dial plan.

Site A has site code 2 and dial plan 2XXX

Site B has site code 3 and dial plan 2XXX

Please let me know how I can subscribe both the user in A and B with the same number. And the voice mail reaches to the correct mail box, is there a way I can solve my problem please let me know, I can not change the dial plan as it is in production.

Thanks

Lal Mohammad

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you cant. If both users have extension 2000, there is no way Unity will allow two mailboxes on the same system with the same extension.

So are you telling me Site A with x2000 and Site B with x2000 can or can not call each other... or is it a "shared line" between the sites. (even worse)

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't, only CUC 7.X has the partition feature to achieve this. In Unity you require UNIQUE numbers, you will need to add an extra digit to the mailboxes to differentiate them in Unity.

You can easily manage the extra DN in the VM profile and configure a translation pattern for MWI after enabling the multi-tenant parameter.

Be aware any dialing in Unity will require the 5 digit DN.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jave, how does the PT feature work with CUC? I thought it only worked for Directory with PT. If x2000 is sent from CUCM, how does CUC know which PT to put it in?