cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail goes to outlook, not ip phone!!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Unified 4.04sr1 intergrate with exchange 2000.

It is weird one, not happen to everyone.

User A left a message to User B, MWI not lit, check voice mail, but no new voice mail. However, it shows at outlook.

Only happen when User A left message to User B.

Thanks

Ken

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ken,

This is usually caused by using a POP email client which pulls mail from the server to the local machine. Once the client pulls the main from the server, Unity no longer has access to the message. If this is the case, change the client to an Exchange client.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ken,

I remember a known DDTS, will give u an update tomorrow as soon as I arrive to office.

It is not a POP client. What is DDTS??

Ken

DDTS is bascially a bug in software. It stands for Distributed Defect Tracking System.

Another thing that I've seen cause this behavior is having a Unity enabled account forwarded to another email address. Obviously, this forwards email and voicemail in a Unified Messaging environment and therefore voicemail is never available from the phone. You can check this in AD -> User account properties -> Exchange General -> Delivery Options.

Brandon

Our system has been using for more than 1 year.... dont kown why it happens now.

The account did not enable to forward to another email address.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: