Replies

Voice mail issue

netkrish80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am facing problem as mentioned below.

1. There are three phones for example, phone A,B and C

2. Phone A and B is not configured with voice mail, but phone C is with voice mail

3. When there is a call landing on phone A and if phone A is not answering, the call will be forwarded to phone B and if phone B is not answering then it will be forwarded to phone C and if phone C is also not answering it should be forwarded to voice mail where the customer can record his message. This is not happening.

4. But when there is a call landing directly on phone B and if he is not answering then it wil be forwarded to phone C and then to the voice mail box, which is working fine.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Krishna.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Krishna,

If all the forwarding is correct in CCM (it sounds like it is), then both Phone A and Phone B need to be set up as Alternate Extensions in Phone C's Voicemail profile. Have a look;

Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone (Phone C).

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number (in this case Phone A and Phone B) and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the inputs. But i have one doubt. when the call is landing in Phone B and if nobody answers it is forwarded to phone c and then to the voice mail. This is working fine even without the alternate extension concept.

Anyway i will configure this and let you know the status.

Krishna.

Do phones A, B & C all have their own VM boxes or do they share one? When the call goes from, A to B to C, what DOES happen since they can't leave a VM message? Do they get a busy, the call just keep ringing or what?