Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Retrieval Problem

mzsaad123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am seeing a problem with voice mail of a specific user.

He can retireve his voice mail from people who call him from inside the office, however the people who call him from outside can leave a message but when he checks his voice mail, it suggests that he doesn't have a new voice mail.

My last resort will be to delete the user from AD and CCM/Unity and rebuild his extension.

However please let me know if there is a way around it.

Regards

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Check to see if voice messages for this user from outside callers are still in the Unity offline message repository (UMR). Default directory is c:\commserver\unitymta or c:\commserver\unitymta\failed. If there are messages in the failed directory, you can move these to the unitymta directory. If no messages move from there is a minute to so, stop/restart the AvUMRSyncSvr service (OK to do during the day, will not affect your users). If the message returns to the failed directory, Unity is having problems with the user's inbox.

Ginger

Correct me if I am wrong, but its just happening to one particular user. So I think restarting the service won't solve it.

I think problem is with Inbox/Exchange.

Does this kind of problem rings a bell.

Regards

Hi again -

Sometimes you need to "jog" the UMR service to get messages to move from the UnityMTA directory back to Exchange. These will move back to the Failed directory if there is a problem with the user's mailbox. There definitely could be a problem with the user's mailbox. If you are using UM, can the user receive email OK? This is another way to test. If this is working and you are using UM, try deleting the user from Unity and re-enabling. If voicemail only, there should be no problem with deleting the user from Unity, followed by Exchange mailbox. Then recreate mailbox and attach to user's AD account, if that is your procedures. We only allow Unity to import existing accounts, so unsure how much authorization your organization gives Unity. The prior post was a way to safely test and to check to see if the messages were not getting from UMR to the user's inbox. Another thing to check, if using UM, does the user have an Outlook rule configured to put messages in a specific folder? Only messages in the inbox/Deleted items are read from the TUI.

Hope this helps! Ginger