cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Messages in Sent Items

daiku
Level 1
Level 1

I asked this question back in late 2005, but quite a bit of development time has passed since.

We have a need internally to have users who leave a VM receive a copy of the message that they sent (for follow-up and archiving purposes). Jeff Lindborg responded in 2005 saying that this wasn't implemented to save space in user's mailboxes. While this makes sense for most people, I was wondering if the feature can be enabled in some manner, of if there is some workaround or other method that has been figured out or implemented that will allow us to see voicemails in our sent items (or even to be CC'd on the message we left).

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

This is possible to save using the ViewMail client in a unified messaging deployment. Not sure about voicemail only, but perhaps using the Unity inbox? In Outlook, go to ViewMail Options. On the General tab, uncheck the box that says "Save only the message header in the Sent Items folder". Sending a voice message using the ViewMail client will then save a copy in the Sent Items folder in Outlook. We don't do this in order to save inbox space, but I did test it and it works.

Sincerely, Ginger

thanks for the reply! That is a good option but it doesn't suit the needs of the busy low-tech users.

we are doing UM here, so the inbox is their mailbox - but using the VMO client would be nearly impossible in most cases.

We're interested in a solution where it happens when they pick up the phone and leave a message. if it's sent AS the user, we'd just like to to be sent like it was FROM the user and have a copy of the message in sent items.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: