cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Delivery problem

lyle.langston
Level 1
Level 1

We decommissioned a CCM this weekend as well as a domain controller, and we have been having errors where not all voicemails are being delivered. the error message says: "to recipient <name> could not be delivered and was moved to the failed directory. This can occur for several reasons: the recipient mailbox may be disabled or inaccessible, Cisco Unity may be having trouble connecting with the partner server, or the Cisco Unity messaging component may not be properly configured. If this condition persists, contact Cisco TAC.

0x00001028" Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did the decom'd-DC have an exchange server on it?

I presume you have other DCs for that domain?

Do you have a DC in the same SITE as Unity?

Unity version?

No, but after seeing this I found out that a DC was powered down as well. We have one other domain controller in the domain as well.

Do you have a DC in the same SITE as Unity?

Unity version?

I have 3 of them in the same site; I am running 4.0(4), and I was told to look into the account that accesses the voicemail from outside callers (Unity_ account). I found out from the email admins that they had been "cleaning up" this weekend as well and decided to move this account to another container, and move the mailbox to another Exchange server. I am going to re-run the Message Store Config Wizard and point it to the new Unity_ account. But, does this sound plausible? Also, the Unity_ account is now on an Exchange Server that no longer has the majority of the Exchange accounts; should I move this off to the other server and designate this as the new primary Exchange server, or keep it on the original server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: