Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VoiceMail Notification Light Goes Out Upon Delivery to Exchange Mailbox

Problem:

When a message is left for a specific End-Users extension, the message indicator light lights up and stays lit only until it is delivered to the subscribers email mailbox.

Here is what happens when I monitor the phone and message:

1: Call the extension and leave voicemail

2: Message waiting light lights up and 1 New Missed Call message appears at the bottom of the display (Still not in End-Users Mailbox)

3: Immediatley upon delivery into the end users mail box the message waiting light only goes out even though it is in the main Inbox Folder and the message is still marked as unread

4: Press the messages button and input the voicemail password on the 7940 to retrieve any messages, and no new messages and no saved messages are what is indicated.

I have checked the Voicemail profile in Unity and even deleted and recreated the Profile. The problem still remains. The appropriate End-Users Email mailbox appears to correctly associated with the correct Subscriber Extension. It seems like a setting in the End-Users Email/Outlook account but I have not been able to find anything.

Any ideas?

Systems Information:

Telephone: Cisco 7940

Cisco CallManager System Version: 4.1(3)sr3a

Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(4) SR 1

Exchange Server: Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition - V5.2 (Build 3790.srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447 : Service Pack 1

Exchange: Exchange 2003 Enterprise - V6.5 Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1

Outlook Client: (11.6359.6408) Service Pack 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: VoiceMail Notification Light Goes Out Upon Delivery to Excha

Sounds like the user is using POP to access their mail. When a POP client accesses email, the server sees the message as read even if it has never been opened. One option is to set the client to leave a copy of the message on the server in which case the message will be accessible via the phone as a saved message. The downside is that the MWI will still be turned off because the message will be seen as read. A better option is to setup the client to be an Exchange client as opposed to POP.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

2 REPLIES

Sounds like the user is using POP to access their mail. When a POP client accesses email, the server sees the message as read even if it has never been opened. One option is to set the client to leave a copy of the message on the server in which case the message will be accessible via the phone as a saved message. The downside is that the MWI will still be turned off because the message will be seen as read. A better option is to setup the client to be an Exchange client as opposed to POP.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

It was not configured as POP. But your response did get me thinking about the Outlook Profile. We use an Exchange server that's located on-site. The extension in question was delivering to an Email/Outlook Profile.

The profile was misconfigured under TOOLS>EMAIL Accounts>View or Change Existing Email Accounts>Deliver New Email to the following location: Personal Folder.

The Profile should have been configured to to deliver to: TOOLS>EMAIL Accounts>View or Change Existing Email Accounts>Deliver New Email to the following location: Mailbox - (End Users Name)

As soon as I changed it from Personal Folder to Mailbox everything started working correctly.

Views
Helpful
Replies