Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voicemail-only subscriber receiving emails in voicemail account

I have a user that is receiving system administrator emails in their voicemail-only account. They are "recipient unreachable" emails. These are the only emails this user receives in their voicemail account. What can I do to prevent this from occurring? Unified Messaging Unity 4.0(5) server.

2 REPLIES

Re: Voicemail-only subscriber receiving emails in voicemail acco

Hi -

You can set one of two options in the Unity Advanced Settings Tool - in the Conversation section. Either set "Exclude all receipts from voicemail stack" OR set "Exclude return receipts from voicemail stack". The option will prompt you if it needs Unity to be restarted, so I would schedule during off-hours.

Ginger

Cisco Employee

Re: Voicemail-only subscriber receiving emails in voicemail acco

also, if you turn off notification of receipts of any kind (either all or just read/delivery receipts) you'll probably also want to look at the Message Store Manager tool to go through and clean those messages out of VM only user's mailboxes now and again - you can check it out on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies