cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Transfer

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have one subscriber on my voicemail system that when you call his extension instead of his voicemail you receive the Auto Attendant greeting for the Unity system. It was working and now it does not transfer to his mailbox. Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Is the user still a subscriber in Unity? If you call from your own Unity conversation, can you dial the extension of the user and get transfered OK? This sounds like the phone still has the Unity voicemail profile configured, but no subscriber. Since this is happening for only one user and you validate the user exists via the Unity SA, I would simply delete/reimport into Unity.

Ginger

The user is still a scubscriber in Unity and I have deleted and re-imported and get the same thing. If I call internally I get the same issues.

Hi again -

Any errors in the application event log when you call the subscriber? Also, in the Security event log you should be able to see the unitymsgstoresvc account accessing the inbox. I would suggest:

1. Run Call Viewer, or better yet, Port Status Monitor to see what is happening when you call this user. Port Status monitor will provide the code that is running when the voicemail coverage kicks in.

2. As an Exchange admin with full mailbox rights to the user, see if you can log on and check messages from Outlook, even if you are voicemail only.

3. Check the c:\commserver\unitymta\failed directory to see if there are any messages there for the user.

Let us know if you find anything.

Ginger

OK so here is something I found on the Port Status.

Hi -

In the code, you should be seeing Take a Message, but instead we are seeing HangUp. Here is something to check - On the subscriber's Greeting web page in Unity SA, what is selected for the After Greeting action? It should be "Take a message", but I suspect it may be selected to go to Hang Up. Also, the greeting may be set to Blank. Don't forget to check the Alternate Greeting setting as this will override the Standard greeting.

Ginger

It is set for take a message, the atlernate greeting is disabled and there is a greeting because I recorded a new one last night while messing with it.

Hi -

You know, I love these troubleshooting adventures, honestly :-) I always learn so much from them! Since you deleted/reimported the user and this usually fixes things right up ... have you checked the CallManager phone's directory number config for anything unusual? For instance, is the directory number configured to forward all calls to another extension, like the extension of the Genesta_Main call handler?

Ginger

What I found from Cisco was that there was a routing rule in Unity to transfer *1 for a direct voicemail connection. The issue was, this was transferring any phone ending in 1 to the auto-attendant rather than the extensions voicemail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: