Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird CUCM problem after installing new Device Package

Hi folks,

Kind of weird thing happend to me. I have a CUCM cluster (9.1.1.2000-5) with PUB and SUB. The customer bough the new 8831 conf phones and since the 9.1.1.2000-5 does not have them I decided to install the latest device pack (see link)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/104182/cmterm-devicepack-9_1_1_21026-1_Readme.pdf

I did a clusterwise reboot and all good.. However... one of the MGCP GW started working in a weid fashion... calls won t go thorugh even if the device was registerd... I reloaded it and reset the GW from CUCM.. all good.

Today the custmer told me that the SX20 and EX60s were not registered... I was geeting a 404.. and everything looked good. I changed the TFTP server and they worked but the devices loaded and OLD extension... and it was registering to the Device in CUCM which had the new extension... Looke like the TFTP was messed up. when I pointed them to the PUB they got the right DN but I was getting 404 until I delted the device and created again.

We have an 8945 SCCP phone that had the same problem.. it was registered but it loaded the old extension and it was pointing to the same TFTP server!! I deleted the device and created again and all good..

Moreover, I can't see any of the old CSF devices (jabber) registered even though I see some people online... If I unregister my Jabbe client and register it again I do see the status as Registered...

In addiotion, some SNR (remote destination profiles) stopped working and even though everything looks ok the only solution is to delete the remote destination profile and create it again.

Replication is OK though... it was the first thing I took a look at.

Any ideas ?

I am think on rebooting the cluster again... just for the seik,..

Joan

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I would try restarting the TFTP service and see if you can reproduce the issues.

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

I did that immediatley with no success. Thanks for the insight though!

Joan