cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What causes click and disconnect when trying to leave a message in Unity?

NatDannon
Level 1
Level 1

Am getting a report from a customer who is selecting an option offered in a call handler, to leave a message in a subscribers unity voicemail box. Customer reports hearing a click and being disconnected.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to correct it?

I appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Nat

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not a lot of information for us to go on here to help you out. Unity version? Switch configuration? How is the call handler in question configured? What is the user input key they are selecting configured? How is the target subscriber's mailbox configured?

right off hand it sounds like you have it configured to do a release transfer to an invalid extension or the like but that's just a wild guess based on the lack of details here.

Thank you for mentioning the need for more details. I'll do better in future posts. I've not heard anymore complaints about the "click and disconnect" problem, and don't recall now what user reported it (or what box was trying to be reached). I will check call handler targets, for release transfer to invalid extension.

I want to tell you - thanks for all you do on this discussion board and also for the learning information you and others put out there for newbies like me. I really appreciate the www.ciscounitytools.com site.

Nat