cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what device to deploy Unified Comunications?

Javier Mateo
Level 1
Level 1

I want to deploy an Unified Comunication solution in my home. I´m a DSL user, and have a cisco 7921g ip wifi phone wich I want to register to the Unified Comunication Device. What Router could I choose? It would be enough a Cisco 1861 or a Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Router for example ? It should be independent from the outside ( I don´t have a Sip account suscription nor a Cisco Call Manager Server). It should be enough by itself so I can register the phone to it.

Could anybody tell me what device or devices can achive this.

I have already a modem router with wich I get the adsl conection, so it would no be necesary to have a DSL port, but it would be better for me with DSL port

Thank you in advance

Javier

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What do you want to use the router for? 

Also remember to run NTP in your network otherwise you will not even be able to install CUCM.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like you want to run CME on the router, almost all Cisco routers support it. You can get nice 28xx on eBay for really cheap, just keep in mind you can only go up to 15.1 IOS on it.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: