Views
Helpful
Replies

what hardware to choose? need assistance

grzegorzniecka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I  need cisco SIP gateway to work with AVAYa pbx and OCS server as on this  topology.

cisco1.jpg

digging down the NET I have found that CUBE will be sufficient.

but from the other side I have found thtat CME will fill my needs (especially working with AVAYa) ...

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In regards to IOS, any ISR router will work for you.  The CUBE is a border element that will proxy and hide your internal network from external SIP connections, such as your PSTN provider not having direct access to CUCM or CME.   CUBE is a little overkill for what you need.

The size of the router will depend on the number of SIP connections coming to/from your endpoints such as avaya and OCS.   Its really just SIP to SIP and dial peers on the router to make this work.

The trick is will OCS *and* avaya talk the same SIP to/from the router.    2900/3900  or 2800/3800 will work fine for your application.  If its small, you can probably get away with 1800 series

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: