cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what to do when migrating unity servers???

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

All, I have to migrate a unity server from one hardware to another. Also, as part of this, I have to change both the netbios name and ip address to something different than the current unity server. Im running unity 4.0(3) in a CallManager 4.X environment, with unified messaging as well with Exchange. My question is this, when I go to make the migration change, what, if anything, will I need to change in CallManager and Exchange for them to see the new Unity server? I feel like there must be some changes to make, but I dont know what they would be. Anyone know of any documents out there that might spell this out step-by-step for me? Or can impart your personal wisdom? Id appreciate it.

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Well, you dont really need to change anything on CallManager or Exchange and the reason being the following:

1. From the CallManager prospective, you dont configure anything specific on the CM except for the Device Name, so if you are using the same Device Name Prefix on the new Unity server and in Telephony Intergration Monitor, you mention the right IP Address of your CallManager, that should take care of it.

2. Exchange, You only need to make changes here if the Domain name would change. But since the Domain information would not change and only the hostname of Unity server would be changed, there is nothing you need to do. Also, you would be running Permission Wizard and Message Store Configuration Wizard when you are install the new Unity box and that should handle the Exchange part as well.

Please refer the following doc for information about moving Unity server to a different Server:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/rug/ex/ru_130.htm

And, the the following had information about multiple other Reconfiguration Guides.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/rug/ex/index.htm

Hope this helps

So, it sounds like there is literally nothing to do on the CallManager and Exchange, since Im planning on using a different netbios name and different ip address, and restoring from the backup Ill do from DIRT. Correct?

I dont need to worry about things like voicemail ports, or mwi ports either?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: