cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When to run failover wizard during upgrade

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

If we are doing a 4.04 to 4.05 upgrade when do I re run the failover wizard.

According to the upgrade doc I need to run failover wizard on primary as soon as primary server upgrade is done.

and after the secondary server upgrade is done I need to run the failover wizard on the failover server.Does this makes sense

Or

Should I run failover wizard after both the servers are upgraded to 4.0.5.

Also is it recommended to uninstall failover configuration before the unity upgrades? on both the servers?

Thanks,

Radhika

3 Replies 3

TC,

Thanks for your post.This makes me uncomfortable upgrading the servers as everyone has mentioned that failover upgrade is not smooth.So according to your recommendation it is better to uninstall the failover wizard on both the servers and then upgrade the servers and then rerun the failover setup .Is this right?

Thanks,

Radhika

The upgrade is smooth. The problem I have ran into is the Failover wizard. Everything seems to upgrade fine, but failover always seems to have some issue.

it's fairly easy to uninstall failover before you begin. Simply uninstall on the both servers, then reinstall after the upgrade.

If you were thinking that you could keep voicemail services running during the upgrade and use the failover server, this is not possible. You will need schedule an outage window to upgrade each server.

hope this helps!