cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is the deleted Unity message going?

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

I just updates my permission wizard since i added a new message store.  I tested the unity and notice that when I accessed the new voicemail from the phone and then delete it from the phone by pressing 3, the message is disappeared from my email inbox and also disappeared from my email deleted item. Basically, It has been deleted permanently.

I thought if i can remember correctly when you delete your new VM from the phone access, it should move the Unity email notification from the email inbox to deleted item inbox.

It may not have anything to do with what i just did in the permission wizards but It would like it to move the message to deleted item instead delete it permanently.

Can someone confirm or correctly if i am wrong?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the mailstore in question. You can set Exchange to not delete deleted items permanently or to wait more than 0 days so that they remain there for longer. If you want you can compare what your old store that allowed this has in the settings with the new store. Just open Exchange System Manager on both servers and check the mailstore properties. Under the Limits tab, it shows the keep deleted items in days. See if it's set to 0 days. Also make sure the user in question doesn't have their Class of Service set to not copy the deleted messages to the deleted items folder.

Tray

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the mailstore in question. You can set Exchange to not delete deleted items permanently or to wait more than 0 days so that they remain there for longer. If you want you can compare what your old store that allowed this has in the settings with the new store. Just open Exchange System Manager on both servers and check the mailstore properties. Under the Limits tab, it shows the keep deleted items in days. See if it's set to 0 days. Also make sure the user in question doesn't have their Class of Service set to not copy the deleted messages to the deleted items folder.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: