Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Geeting is activ at the moment?

roger.widmer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Is there a report or way to find out which greeting is active for a subscriber at a particular point in time?

May thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I posted an updated version of the Subscriber Information Dump tool this morning - I added the Greetings Status option as well as the User Input Key Action option which dumps out a human readable string with what each user input key is mapped to for subscribers - someone out here asked for that in the last couple weeks but I can't find the post to reply to it - hopefully they're watching new posts and see this.

You'll find it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

Let me know if that does the trick for you.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... there are 5 greetings for each subscriber: standard, off hours, busy, internal, alternate, error.

The error greeting kicks in when the user enters an invalid value during that user's greeting. This greeting is always enabled and it's hidden in the SA by default (but can be exposed by using the Advanced Settings Tool).

The alternate greeting, when enabled, is always active and over rides all other greetings other than Error.

The internal greeting will be active, if it's enabled, when the calling number corresponds to another subscriber in the system.

The off hours greeting, if it's enabled, will be active when the subscriber's schedule is off hours.

The standard greeting is always enabled and it will kick in for all other cases.

So there's no report that will show which greeting is going to kick in for you since it depends on the time of day and the source of the call and which greetings are enabled.

I know about the 5 greetings and how they work.

What I wanted to achiev is:

For a particular point in time (e.g. 23th April 2004 3:00 PM) I want to know for every subscriber if the alternate / closed or standard greeting is active at that moment in time. Mainly I want to find out which subscriber has the alternate greeting enabled.

Thanks for your info.

Ok... so you really just want to see which of the 4 visible greetings are enabled - if alternate is enabled then it over rides all others so that tells you what you need to know.

All the greetings (and transfer rules for that matter) are enabled based on the "timeExpires" flag in the database - this is so we can have expirable greetings and such as we're releasing in 4.0(4) - so it's a little tricky to test to see if it's active (i.e. it's tough to do just a simple SQL query).

I can add this functionality to the Subscriber Information Dump pretty easily - Perhaps just optionally kick out all 4 visible greetings and indicate if they're enabled or not (the standard greeting should always be enabled) - I could also kick out the schedule name the subscriber is associated with. Armed with those two pieces of information you should have what you need here.

Would that get you from A to B here?

That sounds very nice.

I would greatly appreciate that add-on to the tool.

OK, I'll work on that this weekend - I'll drop a note out here when it's ready to go.

Ok, I posted an updated version of the Subscriber Information Dump tool this morning - I added the Greetings Status option as well as the User Input Key Action option which dumps out a human readable string with what each user input key is mapped to for subscribers - someone out here asked for that in the last couple weeks but I can't find the post to reply to it - hopefully they're watching new posts and see this.

You'll find it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

Let me know if that does the trick for you.

Thank you very much.

Think this forum has been very helpful.

Keep up the good work.

Hi,With reference to the above, I have some inquiries pertaining to the 5 different greetings for a subcriber. I have a similiar requirements. I hope can achieve the greeting only kick in when the subcriber activate the rule in the Cisco PA(personal communication) For example when a user is out for meeting,he/she will activate the out of office profile in the PA to forward all the call to his/her voicemail.However, at the same time, can unity automatically activate the greeting that related to the user status. Same goes to when the user on MC or on leave, the unity will play the related greetings according to the status. Thank you very much.

No, currently that's not possible - Unity's not going to activate/deactivate greetings based on PA settings or Outlook meeting activity or the like.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Then in this case i might need a third party IVR system to prompt the greetings in order to tell the caller where is the receiver or the status of the receiver.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: