cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who/what Changed AvDSAD & AvDSGlobalCatalog Log On As Service Properties?

stu.packett
Level 1
Level 1

Somehow my AvDSAD & AvDSGlobalCatalog's Log On As service properties were changed from the UnityDirSvc account to UnityInstall. This prevented us from adding new users to Unity.

The only change I can think of that I did was running the Permissions Wizard, but everything looked fine from what I saw. I ran it several times to make sure. I only caught this by looking at the secondary server's settings.

Does anyone know who or what could have changed these 'Log On As' service settings? I'm just afraid of this happening again.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The Services configuration wizard can be used to change userid and password for the Unity services. A user with local administrator priviledges on the server could also go to My Computer on the server, right-click and select Manage, navigate to Services and change any service properties. You could review the Security event log to see if anyone logged on to your server?

Ginger

I'm on the only admin of Unity, but when I asked 'who', I meant to ask, what Unity account could have possibly changed this. I checked all my logs, but could not find anything.

Like I mentioned earlier, all I did was run the Permissions Wizard several times. Oh well, I'll just have to monitor this. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: