cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

win2k-um 4.0(5)/exch 2k3 partner-internet subscriber issue

chrisb
Level 1
Level 1

have option for * which directs to 'sign-in'. when subscriber enters credentials, system first prompts to leave msg for extension associated to internet subscriber. Expected behavior would be that when you pressed * for 'sign-in' that once credentials were presented, the system should place you in your mailbox. any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where are users in the system when they press * to sign in? Are they hearing the greeting of an internet subscriber at that point? The default behavior is to offer to leave a message for the user you were calling when you sign in - this facilitates easy "reply" capabilities when leaving a message for another user. So if you're hearing a user's greeting and you press * and sign in at that point, you are then offered the option of leaving a message for the user you were just at.

In this case you _are_ logged into your mailbox - the subscriber conversation just offers the option to leave a sub to sub message. If you say no, it continues on to your inbox as normal.

if you're not doing something like this, then there's another issue at play.

you are correct. the subscriber is hearing the internet subscriber greeting when the * is pressed. how can i disable that option to leave a message for the internet subscriber? i would use a ch for this, however, i can't use alternate extensions there.

Hmmm... that behavior is not optional - however the script can be updated easily enough I think.

However, to be supported lets try something here. I don't have a Unity 4.x box handy here at home but you can try this one one setup real quick, I think it'll work:

1. setup a call handler called "my sign in" and setup the alternate transfer rule to be active and set to not ring the phone (i.e. go right to the greeting).

2. setup the alternate greeting for "my sign in" to be active and set to "Blank" for the greeting and set the after greeting action to go to sign in.

3. setup the "*" key for the greeting of one of your internet subscribers to go to the greeting for "my sign in" call handler instead of going to the sign in conversation

This _should_ get around the behavior since the last greetng you were in before signing in was that "my sign in" call handler and not the greeting for a subscriber.

If that does work you can easily remap all the * keys for all the internet subscribers to go to this handler instead using BulkEdit. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll look at it closer when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: