cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Mobile 2003

a.gieseman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a player for WM 2003 that will playback the .wav file created by Unity? I've tried several of the post popular but they won't play back Unity messages when downloaded to the WM 2003 device.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure on the availability of different codecs for the WM 2003, but as a side note, you can change the codec Unity uses for recording messages using the SetRecordFormat tool found in the tools depot on your desktop.

By default Unity records in G711 MuLaw - Most mobile devices aren't going to be happy with this given it's large size. You may have better luck with GSM 6.10.

There may be a codec out there for the WM2003 that will handle G711 but at 8KB/sec it's not ideal for mobile devices regardless so you'll probably want to look at another codec for Unity's default recording format regardless.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I use a phone with WM2003 and it syncs emails to the phone. Same with Unified messaging wave files. I have the same problem with my phone, but it looks more like a file association problem. When you open the wave file, what program does it use to play it ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus