cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Without meeting place, isn't it possible to roll out Audio Conferencing

m.pandey
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3845 ISR router with NM-HDV2-T1/E1 module with PVDM2-64 for branch routers and CMM with ACT module at centralized location.. Without using Meeting place, isn't it possible to roll out Audio Conference by configuring Conf bridge number and use it for ADHOC & Meet me option.... Why I need investment in Meeting place as configuring dedicated DSP farm and DIRN, I can manage

Please response ASAP..

Mani

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mani -

Yes, you can implement both Adhoc and MeetMe conferencing with CallManager. I don't implement the network equipment so I could not comment on your specified equipment ... I think we are using CMM blades ... But Adhoc and MeetMe are not secure conferences, whereas with MeetingPlace your customers can schedule meetings with passwords required. MeetingPlace (we use MP Express), also offers scheduled web-based conferencing and desktop sharing/chat. MPE will eventually have video capability as well. MPE is a cheaper alternative to the full MeetingPlace solution. You may want to take a look and work with your Cisco rep for a demo. MPE runs on Redhat Linux and is a slick product.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger. Lot of confusion or you can say hidden stuff and that's why using this forum.

Just to add few :-

1) IP Phone 7961/7941 users can use AD HOC conf. facility (limited to 3 users only) using the barge feature available on their phone itself. But in this case, how they will know that which bridge to use or how the resource will be allocated to them towards conference? Whether they will be able to do conference with any PSTN number also i.e off net users?

2) Let's say,I have reserved DSP farm resources and also configured 8 dedicated conf bridge numbers.

Now, in case of Meet me conf., how the users will be able to know which resource is free? Is this needs a intervention from some dedicated people who will reserve the resources and number for a conf. and send those detail to user?

3) Once users are having Meet Me details, isn't it possible for anyone else to join that call..Coming to the point, is it possible to have a secure communication possible with passcode with meet me?

4) In case of MPE, it can be installed on any Server or it need to have same MCS 78XX series server...

Thanks in advance,

Mani

Not really sure what you're trying to achieve but if you're trying to get a secure meet me conference, could you not try using Forced Authorization Code (FAC) in Cisco call manager? You'd need someone to change FAC codes/keep track of times when the numbers are free for conferencing but it beats paying for meetingplace.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3af7.html#wp15243

Hi Ginger,

Meeting Place Express and Meeting place is there a big difference between them or only limitation exist with Scaling and size.

Anyway thanks to all of you who replied...

Rgds,

Mani