Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wrong Extension in Call Handler

I'm new to Cisco IP telephony. Please help.

I have a customer using Unity 3.0 and have auto attendant setup. I know auto attendant is a just call handler. The question/problem I have is that when the caller dials a wrong extension during greeting, the system returns an error message (which is normal). But after the error message, it will transfer to a call handler that I can't find on the system. I've checked it's not the "Opening Greeting" handler. I wonder how Unity handles when a wrong extension is dialed. And how do I make the system to go back to the same call handler when this happens?

FYI, I'm not using the "Open Greeting" for my auto attendant setup. It's a different call handler.

TIA!

felix

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Wrong Extension in Call Handler

First, you very likely are routing calls to the opening greeting call handler on an invalid entry - this is default configuration out of the box and the opening greeting is not deletable so unless you've manually changed it, that's what's happening.

What's happening here is that the "Error greeting" is taking over - there are 5 visible greetings on all call handlers and subscribers: standard, off hours, alternate, internal, busy - there's a hidden one "error" as well and it's this one that determines behavior on an invalid entry.

You can expose the error greeting in the SA by going to the Advanced Settings Tool (found in the tools depot on your desktop) and toggling the Administration option to do that.

Also, you can use BulkEdit to mass update the error greetings on all call handlers and subscribers to "loop back to self" for the error greeting behavior - this then plays the error greeting (I'm sorry, I did not hear your entry) and then plays the greeting for the current handler again - which is what you want.

You may have to fetch an updated version of BulkEdit from here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_30.htm

not sure which of the many 3.x versions you have installed but they're all pretty old by this time so the BulkEdit version installed with it may not have the "loop back to self" option on the error greetings tab...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content