cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Your mailbox is full with Unity 4.2.1

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded our Unity from 4.1.1 to 4.2.1. It appears that the prompt "Your mailbox is almost fulll....etc" is now a non-interruptible conversation prompt. Is there a way to remove that conversation or change it back so that the users can skip the prompt?

We use a single message store Exchange 2003 with "Issue warning limits" on the Mailbox Store.

11 Replies 11

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure they're only getting the warning and not the actual limit 1 (no send) level? I just checked on my 4.2(1) and my 5.0 beta and both still have the warning phrase as allowing you to skip through it. If, however, you've actually reached either limit 1 (no send) or limit 2 (no send/recieve) then you are not allowed to skip through the greeting.

We only use warnings on the message store and individual storage limits.

The "*" key is the only valid key that I can press during the Mailbox Full prompt.

I'm not sure what you mean by "you only use warnings" - there is always a limit 1 and a limit 2 on a mailbox regardless set in Exchange - it can be unlimited or set to site defaults or set individually but there are always those two (which can be the same). When we log in we ask the mailstore what the limit 1/2 values are and what the size of the mailbox is - there is no concept of the mailstore telling us to only warn.

If you are approaching limit 1 we will play the "almost" full mail warning and this can be skipped (unless there's some upgrade bug or another that is causing your scripts to be different than my new installs - possible but not likely I don't think). Once you reach level 1 or 2 those are not "almost" prompts and they cannot be skipped.

Within the storage limits on the site and individuals we only check the "Issue Warning at(KB) 100,000k option. The other two options "Prohibit Send at(KB)" & "Prohibit Send&Receive at(KB)" are disabled or not checked in the GUI.

Some users use the site/store defaults while others have increased "Issue Warning at(KB) to 200,000K limits.

Not sure what to tell you - I'm testing my boxes here and it works correctly and I'm looking at the conversation scripts and they still allow you to skip the prompt for warnings. If you're %100 possitive the prompt is saying "Your inbox is ALMOST full. If your inbox exceeds its sotrage limit you will not be able to send or recieve..." and you are not being allowed to skip the prompt then you've found a bug in that I'm not seeing here and you should open a TAC case.

If, instead, you are hearing "Your inbox is full, you cannot send..." then we are getting back from Exchange that the user has hit limit 1 or 2 which is an entirely different investigative path.

I'm testing against my Exchange 2000 install on my 4.2 box which may be different than your 2003 install - I'm not sure.

Either way, at this point I'd open a case with TAC since the change in behavior you're noting is not in the code and was certainly not deliberate on our part.

Jeff,

Thanks for your help. I'll open up a TAC case.

The prompt skipping worked fine on

Unity 4.1(1) with Exchange 2003 on a seperate partner server.

Jeff,

So far I haven't had much luck working with TAC on this issue. At this point nobody can tell me if it is a bug or a a planned 4.2.(1) design changed.

Is there any problem with turning off the storage limits check on the Unity server?

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MalEx\1.0\DisableStatusCheck to 1

Thanks Joe

Couple things - can you please verify for me that you're %100 sure the prompt says ALMOST full? I did not see you verify that on this thread and it's critically important to determining where the problem might be.

I don't believe that flag turns off mailbox limits checks - I'd have to test it. But even if we don't check for it, Exchang enforces it no matter what you do. So you could run into a case were messages are being sent but not delivered since Exchange wont allow them to be sent from a level 1 full box. That'd be bad...

Jeff,

The prompt says "Almost full". Level 1 & 2(Send/Send & Receive) are set to unlimited on the site and user. If I understand this correctly, there is nothing for Exchange to enforce if I have Level 1 & 2 set to unlimited.

Thanks Joe

I am running into this very same senario on a Windows 2003 Unity 5.0 (1) UM install. Does anyone know if this bug was ever fixed or what the work around might be?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul

There are couple of settings in the Unity Advanced Settings Tool.

Conversation: Disable Full Mailbox Warnings...

Conversation: Full Mailbox Check Feature

Conversation: Full Mailbox Check Prompt

Joe