cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zero out configuring and customizing

philipcoke
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change where zero transfers to operator. Where do i go to change this and how do i configure it for my users.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Philip,

I think this is what you are looking for,you can map the "0" key to go to a Subscriber,Call Handler, Directory Handler etc.;

Subscriber Template Caller Input Settings

Caller input settings define actions that Cisco Unity takes in response to touchtone keys pressed by callers. For each subscriber greeting that allows caller input, you can use caller input settings to allow callers to skip the subscriber greeting, to record a message, to exit the greeting, or perhaps to transfer to a call handler, directory handler, or interview handler of your choice. (For Cisco Unity to recognize caller input during a subscriber greeting, the Allow Caller Input check box must be checked on each applicable Greetings page.)

Subscribers cannot enable caller input for a greeting, nor can they specify what Cisco Unity does when callers press specific keys; however, the greeting that mentions the key presses that are available to callers is recorded either by the subscriber or the administrator. (For example, "I am unable to take your call right now. To speak to my assistant, press 3. To leave a message, press 4. To speak to a sales representative, press 5.")

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Administrator, go to any Subscribers > Subscriber Template > Caller Input Page page.

Step 2 Select a key from the Caller Input Map or from the keypad.

Step 3 Select an action.

Action Indicate the action that Cisco Unity performs after a caller presses the corresponding key.

Ignore Key No action taken. Cisco Unity plays the entire greeting, then performs the after-greeting action.

Skip Greeting Cisco Unity skips the greeting and performs the after-greeting action. Skip Greeting is assigned to # by default to provide callers a standard way to skip greetings.

Take Message Cisco Unity records a message from the caller. The greeting should indicate that a message will be recorded. Click the Take Message link to view the associated Messages page.

Say Good-Bye Cisco Unity plays a brief goodbye, and the call is disconnected. Click the Say Good-Bye link to view the Goodbye call handler.

Send Caller To Cisco Unity sends the call to the destination that you select:

Broadcast Message Administrator Sends the call to a conversation for sending broadcast messages.

Call Handler Sends the call to the call handler that you select.

Caller System Transfer Sends the call to a conversation that allows callers to transfer to a number that they specify. For example, callers may want to dial a lobby or conference room phone that is not associated with a Cisco Unity subscriber. Cisco Unity performs the transfer only when the CS_Default_System_Transfer restriction table permits it.

Directory Handler Sends the call to directory assistance.

Easy Sign-In Sends the call to the subscriber logon conversation, which prompts subscribers only to enter their password.

Greetings Administrator Sends the call to a conversation for changing call handler greetings over the phone.

Hang Up Disconnects the call. Use carefully; unexpected hang-ups can appear rude to callers.

Hotel Checked Out When the Cisco Unity Hospitality and Property Management Integration has been installed, this option sends the call to a conversation that allows hotel guests to access archived messages after they have checked out.

Interview Handler Sends the call to the interview handler that you select.

Sign-In Sends the call to the subscriber logon conversation, which prompts subscribers to enter their ID and their password.

Subscriber Sends the call to the subscriber that you select.

Subscriber System Transfer Sends the call to a conversation that allows subscribers to transfer to a number that they specify.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are trying to update all your subscribers that are current, you will need do a Bulk Edit from the Unity Tools. The solution Rob provided above is great for your future your subscribers you add to the system, you know they will get the correct template. But for current, you will need to use Bulk Edit.

Try it on one Subscriber first so you can get the hang of it if you have never used it before. Then once you tested the Bulk Edit Caller Input 0 key change.. then go for all the subscribers.

Bulk Edit is a great a tool... such a time saver.

hope this helps