cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anyone SSH to UCS-FI-6536 Fabric Interconnects

Rosco.
Level 1
Level 1

Ive a pair of new UCS-FI-6536s and they are all set up and working fine in IMM but we cannot SSH to them as we did on the old FIs.

They are on the same VLAN as the old FIs and there are no firewalls inbetween them.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? TAC keep telling me its a firewall issue which it isn't.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which SSH client are you using and what is the version?  A common issue I've seen if you are using an older version of putty or openssh it may have issues negotiating ciphers with the FI in IMM mode

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What error do you get ? You may for instance try :
         % nmap -v --reason -p22 device-address

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which SSH client are you using and what is the version?  A common issue I've seen if you are using an older version of putty or openssh it may have issues negotiating ciphers with the FI in IMM mode

I was using .71 of Putty. You were completely correct. Using .81 it works thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card