cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EquipmentMissing after UCS upgrade to 2.2

hbrkanic
Level 1
Level 1

Enviroment: 2 x FI6296; 2 x 5108 with 6 B200M3 each. All servers have 2 x 300 GB SAS local drive, RAID 1.

After upgrade to 2.2 one of servers indicates that local disks are missing (both of them). Invertory shows 0 disks in server. Two faults messages "Equipment Missing", code 1256, severity: info are shown in Faults tab.

Operating system is working, no problems detected.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andersson_g
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, 8 of my B200M3 servers Indicates that local disk are missing but the servers don't have any local disks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

andersson_g
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, 8 of my B200M3 servers Indicates that local disk are missing but the servers don't have any local disks.

Same here,...

i have 2 FI pairs, each FI pair has 2 chassis, with 12 blades.
 Had only 8 blades per FI cluster before updating to 2.2, everything was fine - no localDisk message (F1256) on FabricInterconnect.

Did an update to 2.2 and attached a second chassis to each FI cluster => all new blades came up with the equipment-missing message (sys/chassis-X/blade-X/board/storage-SAS-1/disk-1/fault-F1256) as fault class info.

Removed an old blade from the old chassis and reinserted to the old slot ,... tadaaaaa same message as mentioned above.

So,.. for me it looks like that the version 2.2 is responsive for this behavior

cheers from austria

alex

I have the same issue with an B200 M3 with no drives giving the F1256 error.  The service policy is set to No Local disks.  Is this a bug or have you been able to resolve the message, everything appears to be working fine.

Thanks,

Joe

which version of UCS ? 2.2.1d ?

We are running on 2.2(1c)...

We solved our issue by CIMC reset.

Equipment --> servers --> click on the server --> under gernal tab, in actions click on "Recover Server" --> select on reset CIMC

Alex
Level 1
Level 1

We are running on 2.2(1c)...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card