cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10G between adpater and blades for VIC1240+1280

davidcheung
Level 1
Level 1

As my another discussion suggested, I have VIC 1240 and 1280 adapters installed on the B200 M3 blade.

Automatically UCS will create 4x20G port-channels between the adapter and the blades. So we have 80 G total b/w to the FI from the blade. 40 G to side A and 40 on side B.

I have one tricky question:  could i change the 4 port-channels to 8 individual links so that i have granular controll  at 10G level not 20G level

Anybody can help to answer the question?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, this are internal pc's, automatically setup. Be aware, that a single data stream is limited to 10G, plus if you have not configured a pc between iom and fi, you are limited by this static pinning (IOM-FI) to 10G anyway. pc between iom and fi requires second generation hardware, e.g,. 62xx, and 22xx.

View solution in original post

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

David,

As we saw here https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4013851#4013851 the 2nd Gen hardware just builds kind of a bridge to make the port channel, so that is not user configurable. 

The idea of this 2nd generation hardware is to provide the benefits and redundancy you get from Port Channels so that you can even create a Port Channel from the VMs all the way up to a upstream switch like a Nexus 5K with the help of VM-Fex for example where the VMs appears to the upstream switch as if they were physical machines directly connected.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, this are internal pc's, automatically setup. Be aware, that a single data stream is limited to 10G, plus if you have not configured a pc between iom and fi, you are limited by this static pinning (IOM-FI) to 10G anyway. pc between iom and fi requires second generation hardware, e.g,. 62xx, and 22xx.

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

David,

As we saw here https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4013851#4013851 the 2nd Gen hardware just builds kind of a bridge to make the port channel, so that is not user configurable. 

The idea of this 2nd generation hardware is to provide the benefits and redundancy you get from Port Channels so that you can even create a Port Channel from the VMs all the way up to a upstream switch like a Nexus 5K with the help of VM-Fex for example where the VMs appears to the upstream switch as if they were physical machines directly connected.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card