cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6200 FCoE Northbound

dbartlett
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quick question that I've not been able to get a definitive  answer to (in the documentation) - in relation to the new 6200 FI's and  FCoE northbound..

Anyway, my question: With the UP feature on the 6200's  (with UCS 2.0) - can we now do FCoE northbound (in this case to a nexus  5548UP)? Or do we still need to break out into separate eth and FC  uplinks?

I see from the config guide we can configure ports as  FCoE ports - and the options for eth Uplinks and FC uplinks are still  there also. I have not been able to determine if the FCoE port type can  be used for uplinks.

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

* You still cannot do northbound FCoE connectivity from the UCS FI i.e. in your case you cannot have FCoE uplink between 62xx and the 5548UP.

* You still need to have seprate FC uplinks and Eth uplinks.

* The feature of having FCoE uplink will be avaiable in a future release (scheduled around the year end).

* the FCoE ports you see are for use when you want to direct attch a FCoE storage to the FI (limited support model).

Hope this helps!

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

* You still cannot do northbound FCoE connectivity from the UCS FI i.e. in your case you cannot have FCoE uplink between 62xx and the 5548UP.

* You still need to have seprate FC uplinks and Eth uplinks.

* The feature of having FCoE uplink will be avaiable in a future release (scheduled around the year end).

* the FCoE ports you see are for use when you want to direct attch a FCoE storage to the FI (limited support model).

Hope this helps!

./Abhinav

Nice one - thanks for the response.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card