Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

bad MAC pool

Hi Guys,

for some reason UCS refuses to use my MAC pool. Can you please have a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

see attached screen-shots

Cheers

Joel

• Unified Computing
11 REPLIES
VIP Red

Hi JoelI cannot see the MAC

Hi Joel

I cannot see the MAC values of the MACB.... Pool

When did this error message appear ? the windows says "change MAC address....."

Hi  - the message comes up

Hi

- the message comes up when I try to assign the policy to a server or modify the pool

- I've tried to change the MAC addresses a few times

- I attached a screen-shot that include MACB

thank you

VIP Red

Just to clarify !You created

Just to clarify !

You created a template; and from this template you created Service Profiles; and during the association of this Service Profile to a physical blade, the error message happens ?

Can you please show us the screenshot of the service profiles, with the error message ?

"You created a template; and

"You created a template; and from this template you created Service Profiles; and during the association of this Service Profile to a physical blade, the error message happens ?"

Yes

so I created a template called "VMwareSPTempTest1", which includes the MAC addresses you saw before and I attached that Template to a Service Profile called "Test21" and I tried to associate that SP to a server and then I received the error you see in the attached screen-shots

cheers

VIP Red

It's a little difficult to

It's a little difficult to guess, we need more information

- which UCS version ?

- I see that you have in some SP dynamic vnics ? why and how many ? I don't think you want to do VM-FEX ? your pools are limited to 16 entries ! try to create a bigger pool,e.g. 512

- I would also only create one MAC Pool, and not a separate one for fabric A and B.

- which UCS version ? 2.2- I

- which UCS version ? 2.2

- I see that you have in some SP dynamic vnics ? why and how many ? not in use

- I don't think you want to do VM-FEX ? no

-your pools are limited to 16 entries ! try to create a bigger pool,e.g. 512 - I created a new pool with 64 (see attached)

- I would also only create one MAC Pool, and not a separate one for fabric A and B.- as soon as I assigned the new pool to the first vNIC it gave me the error (see attached)

cheers

VIP Red

- The MAC pools are under the

- The MAC pools are under the org Holland ? do you have any MAC pools under root ?

- I would always recommend to create all the pools (UUID, MAC, pwwn, nwwn) under the root (otherwise you might have the risk of overlapping pools)

- do you do this with admin rights ? or a account having access only to org Holland

- I cannot reproduce your problem in my lab

thanks for trying   

thanks for trying

VIP Red

Is your problem solved ?

Is your problem solved ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.