Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

C210 ESXI Port Group

Hi,

I had an issue where traffic on one of my ESXI port groups stopped passing traffic.

Port Group name :UCM  vnic 1&2         -     Catalyst 4500     Etherchannel     Mode on, access vlan 100

Port Group name :Unity/Uccx vnic 3&4 -     Catalyst 4500     Etherchannel     Mode on, access vlan 100

My setup was in my UC environment was configured with 2 x vNics for my UCM VMs and 2 x vNics for my Unity/IUCCX VMs.

I am not trunking over the Etherchanels, and  my Cisco switches are configured with mode on, and are access ports in Vlan 100.

Traffic stopped passing over Port Group Unity/UCCX and I was unable to access the VMs from the switch side of the network. As all VMs are in the same vlan, I moved my Unity and UCCX VMs into Port Group UCM and then they were reachable from the network. Only Port Group Unity/Uccx had failed.

The only way I could resolve the issue was to power down all VMs and reboot the C210 server.

They had been operational for a period of time before the fault appeared. Any ideas why this may have happed or how to resolve without a complete server reboot would be appreciated.

thanks

Ian.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

C210 ESXI Port Group

Ian,

I would suggest you to open a TAC service request with following information

ESXi logs ( vm-support command output )

CIMC show tech

Upstream Switch show tech

Approx date & time of the problem event

So it worked when we moved the VMs to other port group on the vSwitch, right ?

We need to look into VMware messages log file for this event.

Padma

C210 ESXI Port Group

Ian,

I know this issue was a few months ago now but i was wondering if you ever found the cause and/or resolution?

I had the exact same issue this morning on port group that had 2 ports fromthe broadcom network card in it.

Thanks

Andrew

Views
Helpful
Replies