cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c220 FlexFlash card only shipped with HV partition

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

All of the documentation including the installation guide shows that the FlexFlash card should ship with four partitions: HV, HUU, SCU and Drivers.

Mine only has the HV partition.  This hasn't been an issue since I've booted from HUU and SCU as virtual drives where needed, but as it is a brand new server, I'm worried it could be a hardware issue with the card.

It's a UCS c220 M3, built for TRC1.

Is this normal or something I should dig further into?

Screenshot of CIMC config showing only 1 virtual drive attached.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kodotten,

A single partition is expected starting on firmware version 1.5(4)

Overview of the Pre-Installed Cisco Flexible Flash Card

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/OL-31202-01.html#pgfId-541690

Starting with this version, the SD storage device is available to CIMC as a single hypervisor (HV) partition configuration. Prior versions had four virtual USB drives.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I should add that the card was included in the server order, not purchased separately.

Even though there is only 1 partition, is the functionality the same? Can I still install ESXi on the HV partition?

Yes, I'm up and running just fine since I posted this.  I only cared because I was going off a guide that suggested installing it on the FlexFlash, but the amount of space it consumes on the HV partition is trivial.

By using the HV partition on the SD card, it wipes everything out on the card, SCU is longer accessible, correct?

You can just boot to it from a virtual drive.

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kodotten,

A single partition is expected starting on firmware version 1.5(4)

Overview of the Pre-Installed Cisco Flexible Flash Card

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/OL-31202-01.html#pgfId-541690

Starting with this version, the SD storage device is available to CIMC as a single hypervisor (HV) partition configuration. Prior versions had four virtual USB drives.

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I see, and there we have it.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card