Views
Helpful
Replies

c220 m3 Problem Storage

javier_hernan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two UCS C220 M3 Server integrated in UCS Manager, and I need to install Windowss 2008 R2 Enterprise 64-bit, but I have a problem with the HDDS, the following error occurs when installing:(Re-map the iso w2k8)

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer´s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk´s controller is enabled in the computer´s BIOS menu."

I created Raid 0, Raid 1 and only HDD and the problem persists.

The firmware is updated:

Detects raid controller:

Any idea?

Thank you

Javier

20 Replies 20

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Javier,

When you are trying to install the OS, does it actually sees the local LUNs to complete the installation?  If you cannot see it, what it means is that you will need to "un-map" the OS, map the drivers, go back and then the OS will show you the local LUNs and the install will be then succesful.

If that is not the situation, then provide me a screenshot of where you are getting stuck.  Also remember to select the right controller model when opening the drivers for the controller.

Rate ALL helpful answers.

-Kenny

Hi,

When I try to install the OS does not see the Local LUNs, but "un-map" the OS, map the drivers:

CDriverWin.PNG

Go back, map OS, and then the OS show the local LUNs, but the installation can not continue to have the following error:

CErrorWin.PNG

Raid Controller:

cRaid.PNG

Thank you

Did you also set a boot policy to boot up from the hard disks on the service profile?

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Javier,

What raid controller model are you using for this installation?

In UCS Manager if you select the sever then go to inventory->storage tab if you expand the disk area, how many disks do you see?

If you don't see any disks it is possible the optionRom for this controller is disabled, if this is a PCIe base controller go to the bios by pressing F2 the go to the advance option and select option that has on it PCIe LOM once you are there search for the slot where this controller is installed and make sure to enable the optionROM.

Also send me a screenshot of the boot screen when it give you the option to get into the configuration for the raid on this controller, where you have to press Ctrl-H or Ctrl-c..etc

Hi,

This is the boot policy:

CbootLegacy.PNG

This is the screenshot of the boot screen:

Megaraid.PNG

In ucs manager disks do not appear, but I read in forums that this controller the information is not displayed.

Thank you very much

Javier,

Can you try to reset CIMC and try one more time?

-Kenny

Cisco Support Community is also present in Spanish:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/spanish/data_center

Hi,

I CIMC reset, reset to factory defaults, decommissioned the server, added back, and always the same error.

Thank.

Javier,

Please open a TAC case, the issue might be related to a boot order config issue and we might need to get in a Webex meeting to take a closer look.

-Kenny

Hi,

I can not open a case for now. He bought many products from Cisco and are recording all serial numbers.

I'll have to wait, but it is very urgent ...

Thanks

Hi Javier,

This is a long shot but lets give it a try, I noticed that in your boot policy the mode boot mode is set to Legacy, can you change this to Uefi for testing purposes? You may need to reboot the server for this change to take place.

Uefi.PNG

Thank you

Ypu can see the SN from the general TAB, try with Manuel's test while you try to get the SN.

-Kenny

Javier,

One more question, please provide,

1) the version of the driver package that you are using for the install,

2) the UCSM version your enviroment is running

3) the path to the folder that you are selecting to the drivers

4) And make sure that you are using a 64bit ISO version if you are using the 32bit this will not work.

Hi,

Keny:

When I try to create a TAB, the SN server does not appear in my company's account.

Manuel:

When I put UEFI OS installation is successful, but then Windows will not start, do not see the boot.

Firmware:

Firmware.PNG

Driver:

ucs-cxxx-drivers.1.4.5b\Windows\Storage\Intel\C600\W2K8R2\x64

The ISO OS is 64 bits.

Thank you very much for all the ideas

Javier

Hi Javier,

What happens if you change it back to Legacy after you install it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card