Views
Helpful
Replies

c220 m3 Problem Storage

javier_hernan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two UCS C220 M3 Server integrated in UCS Manager, and I need to install Windowss 2008 R2 Enterprise 64-bit, but I have a problem with the HDDS, the following error occurs when installing:(Re-map the iso w2k8)

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer´s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk´s controller is enabled in the computer´s BIOS menu."

I created Raid 0, Raid 1 and only HDD and the problem persists.

The firmware is updated:

Detects raid controller:

Any idea?

Thank you

Javier

20 Replies 20

HI,

OS unbootable.

You can not add in the bios startup. As if not detected disks, but the controller seems fine.

Hi Javier

We had problems for weeks, see eg. https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4101885#4101885

Although in our case it was W2012, I think the generic problem is Raid Controller; we also had a TAC open for weeks !

I would recommend that you upgrade UCS to 2.1.2b, and CIMC,.... accordingly.

Hi,

UCS has the version 2.2 (1b), latest firmware on the website of cisco. All firmware is at last level.

Thanks.

Javier.

Javier,

Can the issue be reproduced if the server is in stnadalone mode?

-Kenny

Javier

What is the status ?

When we got this error message, we also tried a Server ACK (under the Server Maintenance), which in some cases helped.

Javier,

If in the standalone mode the issue takes place or not, I strongly recommend to open a TAC case since this should not happen as long as the partition size is the minimum recommended.  I just had a case where the issue seemed to be the drive partition being too small.  So if this is not your issue case, please get TAC to take a look at the server.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card