Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 M3 with Cisco VIC and Onboard 1g?

cbuzzard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a pair of C220 M3 servers that we have connected to a pair of fabrics (6248) for single-wire management through the VIC 1225.  We'd like to also leverage the two on-board 1Gb NICs, however it is a bare metal Windows 2012 server and does not see the additional interfaces.  The interfaces show up and connected to the downstream switch so we know they are enabled.  However, the OS is not seeing the interfaces.  We've run through the compat matrix for the drivers, but it is as though the interfaces are not being presented to the OS.

Just wanted to make sure there isn't something else with single-wire management that 'prevents' the OS on the server from using these interfaces?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Thats correct. I haven't tried that option by myself but that's something that can be tried would work.

-

Siva

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

refer doc below for supported cards with UCSM

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm2-0-2/b_UCSM_202_C-Integration/b_UCSM_202_C-Integration_chapter_011.html

The following are the only supported card combinations for the servers to be used in UCSM mode.

•  Only Cisco Virtual Interface Cards (VICs) installed in the server. Do not mix with CNAs or Ethernet cards.
  •  Only one type of CNA (Q or E) installed in the server. Do not mix with VICs or Ethernet adapters.
  •  Only one type of Ethernet adapter (B or I) installed in the server. Do not mix with VICs or CNAs.

-

Siva

Thanks for the response and information, Siva.  To confirm I'm reading that correctly, if you're using a VIC 1225 and single-wire management through UCSM you cannot also use the onboard 1Gb NICs, correct?  We'll have to trunk to an upstream Nexus and pass through vNIC templates.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thats correct. I haven't tried that option by myself but that's something that can be tried would work.

-

Siva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: