Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C460 Rack Server with two VIC 1225 - UCSM vNIC placement policy

I am trying to integrate C460 having 2 VIC 1225 cards with UCSM. The objective is to have 2 ethernet interfaces assigned to each VIC , one per FI.

vNIC 1 on VIC 1 - FI A failover to FI B

vNIC 2 on VIC 1 - FI B failover to FI A

vNIC 3 on VIC 2 - FI A failover to FI B

vNIC 4 on VIC 2 - FI B failover to FI A

I have created a service profile with 4 vNICs and assigned to C460. When the UCSM is configured to use the system default for vNIC/vHBA placement policy, all 4 vNICs are assigned to one VIC. When trying to place them manually with 2 on vCon1 and 2 on vCon2, I am seeing insufficient resource error. Both the VIC are recognized and UCSM server tab shows both of them as adapters.

Could someone please let me know how to achieve it?

Thanks!

• Unified Computing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

The C460 has an integrated BCM 57711 which would also be recognized by the system.  What's most likely happening is that the VIC 1225s are on vCon1 and vCon3 and the BCM card is on vCon2, since FF is not supported on the Broadcom adapter this would cause the association to fail.  Try placing the manual placement with vCon1 and vCon3 and see if this clears up the issue.

Steve McQuerry

UCS - Technical Marketing

1 REPLY
Bronze

The C460 has an integrated BCM 57711 which would also be recognized by the system.  What's most likely happening is that the VIC 1225s are on vCon1 and vCon3 and the BCM card is on vCon2, since FF is not supported on the Broadcom adapter this would cause the association to fail.  Try placing the manual placement with vCon1 and vCon3 and see if this clears up the issue.

Steve McQuerry

UCS - Technical Marketing

Views
Helpful
Replies