cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Home in UCS 2.1

ataranen
Level 1
Level 1

When configuring Call Home policy to define the type of messages I want to receive, is it necessary to disable the types I don't want ? 

By default the policy list is empty, however Cisco configuration guide states "By default, all Call Home policies are enabled to ensure that email alerts are sent for all critical system events." Does this mean I have to negate each policy one-by-one if I don't want to get the message ? 

I'm only interested to see problems on configuration failure. 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you are right.... If there is an alert you don't want to receive, then you will have to create it and set it to "disabled". Just be careful not to disable those that may represent a communication loss alert.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

You may define the profiles for the alerts you want to receive but if you need to filter more granular, then you can use the "Switching Priority" under the "General" tab to device the level of logging for Call Home, it works in the same way Syslog does it, so if you select "Emergencies" you will only get the most critical messages but if you select "Debugging" then you get everything.

-Kenny

Thank you for the response Kenny. I understand that Switching Priority defines the level of log messages, however I'm still not clear how the Call Home Policies tab works. For example, I want to receive only notifications about configuration failures, and nothing else. What I would do is set the Switching Priority to Notifications, and add a Call Home Policy "configuration-failure Enabled". Do I also need to add and disable the rest of available Call Home Policies that I don't want to receive notifications for? 

According to the Cisco configuration guide  "By default, all Call Home policies are enabled to ensure that email alerts are sent for all critical system events." They are enabled by default, but they are not listed in Call Home Policies tab. Does it mean that In my scenario, I have to add all available policies to the Call Home Policy list and disable them one by one if I don't want to receive any notifications except "configuration-failure". There is about 50 or more policies, it would be a pain to go through all of them in order not to receive messages. 

Yes, you are right.... If there is an alert you don't want to receive, then you will have to create it and set it to "disabled". Just be careful not to disable those that may represent a communication loss alert.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card