cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't launch KVM Console

lefu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When I try to launch a KVM console, I got error: "unable to launch the application"

I have java 7. My Mac OS is 10.7.3

This is the JRE version:

lefu-mac:Downloads lefu$ java -version

java version "1.6.0_31"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04-415-11M3635)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01-415, mixed mode)

lefu-mac:Downloads lefu$

Please help.

Thanks,

Lei

9 Replies 9

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Lefu,

Go to admin> Utilities and try to reboor CIMC, that is not disruptive.

Als, make sure there are no other Java Versions in your copmputer. It looks like the version you have is really 1.6 and not Jvaa 7 (IMHO)  If it is really Java 7 and there are no other versions installed, make sure you are not using Java 7.45

Let us know what you get.

-Kenny

I had JRE 7 but it was displaying as 1.6 when I used "java -version" from the command line. I had to download JDK 7 for Mac OS X from oracle's website to get mine to work, as well as lower the Java security settings in the Java Control Panel app.

Hi Coty,

I checked my mac and googled again. It must be related to the JRE, which is used to open JNLP according to google.

lefu-mac:Downloads lefu$ java -version

java version "1.6.0_31"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04-415-11M3635)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01-415, mixed mode)

lefu-mac:Downloads lefu$

I installed

jre-7u51-macosx-x64.dmg before posted the discussion due to the issue.

lefu-mac:JavaVirtualMachines lefu$ /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -version

java version "1.7.0_51"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

lefu-mac:JavaVirtualMachines lefu$

It does not help. Error seen the newly attached file.

I installed

jdk-7u51-macosx-x64.dmg

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html

Still see the same issue. Google chrome brower indicates that I am not using any of the above java: (see attached file)Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 4.40.39 PM.png

Hi Guys, 

I recently experienced the same issue and tried a couple of things suggested here still had issues launching the KVM on my UCSE blade, my colleague showed me what worked for me without going about this the hard way. I thought it might help someone else that might have this problem down the line. 

See attached. 

Hi Keny,

I reloaded the CIMC still the same issue.

Thanks for your help though.

Lei

Lefu,

Try Java 32 bits, that happened to me once.

-Kenny

Maybe my answer in the following post might help you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2263700?tstart=0

I know that this old unanswered post however I wanted to add what worked for me.  There may never be a singled solution to this.  I'm also not sure if lefu ever got around this issue.  I am running Mac OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) but the issue was the same on 10.10.x.  My fix was to basically document my current Java security settings and disable them (all).  I also added exeptions in the Security Tab but that did not resolve the issue.

Java Control Planel > Advanced Tab

Starting at Mixed code (sandbox vs trusted) = Disable (not recommended)

Perform signed code cert revocation checks = Do not check (not recommended)

Perform TLS cert revocation checks = Do not check (not recommended)

Advanced Security Settings : Checked - Use SSL 2.0 compatible ClientHello format and Use TLS 1.0.

I was air gapped and felt safe in doing this while updating the firmware on new boxes.

REMEMBER to reset to the original settings!

THis worked for me, Once i disbaled pretty much all the Java Security I was able to get the KVM Java console opened. Thank you rlaplante.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card