cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot ping Cisco C series server using direct connect to UCSM

Adrian Sutton
Level 1
Level 1

We have connected 2 Cisco C series servers (VIC 1225 Cards) with direct connect to Fabric Interconnects and managed via UCSM but cannot get network working.

Service profiles have been created and pushed with only 1 VLAN and the default VLAN as native but cannot communicate with IP address configured.  Mac address is learnt at the Nexus 5K northbound switches.  Seems to be a VLAN tagging issue somewhere

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you ping the CIMC ?

I bet this has to do with Vlan tagging; I would advice to set your vlan as native and it will work !

PS. I assume of course that you have installed the proper enic driver

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which OS is installed ? ESXi ?

Windows 2008 R2

Can you ping the CIMC ?

I bet this has to do with Vlan tagging; I would advice to set your vlan as native and it will work !

PS. I assume of course that you have installed the proper enic driver

Thanks I think you have put me back on track.  I am doing some testing on a new server and will update with my findings later.

We do not use the CIMC as the server is all managed from UCSM and the CIMC has to be set to default for this mode

We do not use the CIMC as the server is all managed from UCSM and the CIMC has to be set to default for this mode

Sorry I was not clear; I mean of course that even with UCSM, your C-series server will get an IP address for CIMC, which is used if you open a KVM session. You should be able to ping this IP address.

Yes KVM is fine and has always worked

Yes correct Native VLAN needs to be selected and there is no need for default VLAN which is what I think I had wrong.

Worked fine with or without enic teaming driver after having Native VLAN selected.

Thanks for your help and putting me back on track

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card