Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot save the current config (Backup) -This is solved now!

End point timed out. Check for IP, password, space or access related issues.#

I ended up connecting a laptop directly into the uplink switch to a management vlan port. I am using the correct username and password. I disabled all firewalls on my laptop. Still no luck. The backup fails every time.

I am using a SolarWinds SCP-server. For remote directory, I provide just: c:\SCP

Can someone suggest a different SCP software or point out a possible solution, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Cannot save the current config (Backup) -Please see error

Hi Atle,

Path you have given is not correct. C:\SCP only the application installed will understand.

For the FI you need to give the path in the linux format. E.g. if you have the ucsbackup folder under the C:\SCP then specify the folder name in the remote path.

Otherwise you can leave it blank as well.

./Abhinav

6 REPLIES

09.08.2012 14:38UnknownAuthenticated user root from IP 10.203.100.5.

09.08.2012 14:38UnknownUser root from IP 10.203.100.5 uploading file to ""c:\SCP"".

then it fails....

Silver

Hi Atle,

Path you have given is not correct. C:\SCP only the application installed will understand.

For the FI you need to give the path in the linux format. E.g. if you have the ucsbackup folder under the C:\SCP then specify the folder name in the remote path.

Otherwise you can leave it blank as well.

./Abhinav

still does not work. I created a folder called "Backup". I then wrote "Backup" for the remote location. Should it be /Backup?

09.08.2012 16:12UnknownAuthenticated user root from IP 10.203.100.5.
09.08.2012 16:12UnknownUser root from IP 10.203.100.5 uploading file to ""Backup"".
09.08.2012 16:16UnknownAuthenticated user root from IP 10.203.100.5.
09.08.2012 16:16UnknownUser root from IP 10.203.100.5 uploading file to ""/Backup"".

MySCP serve ri slistening on TCP port 22. Could this be the reason? Which port is UCS sending this on?

Solution was to abandon this remote server copying. Worked fine to upload to local PC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content