cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change Fabric interconnect A ip address

Dragomir
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 fabric interconnects, A and B. I need to change the ip address of A so I failover the cluster to B. how do I change the ip of A via the command line. and will I be able to connect back to it after changing the ip?

7 Replies 7

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you changing to a different subnet? If not, it's a painless fix.  If you're crossing subnets, you'll need console access.  You can still do this without any impact to host traffic.

For instructions on setting the IP from CLI - refer to the Config Guide on CCO.

Regards,

Robert

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

See link below to find instructions on how to change the managament ip address of both of you farbris.

Changing the Management Subnet of a Cluster

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/cli/config/guide/2.0/b_UCSM_CLI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_0100.html#task_2A93612BB74B49F5947FC916CB2E3571

As long as you configure an IP address that is accesscible to you network you should be able to reach the fabric.

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tony,

Please review mentioned information, hope it will help.

To   change the subnet for a Cisco UCS domain, you must simultaneously change all   subnets, the virtual IP address used to access Cisco UCS Manager, and the IP   addresses for all fabric interconnects.

Procedure

Step 1  

In the Navigation pane, click   the Admin tab.

Step 2  

On the Admin tab, click All.

Step 3  

In the Work pane, click the   General tab.

Step 4  

In the Actions area, click   Management Interfaces to open the Management Interfaces dialog box.

Step 5  

To change only the virtual IP   address that you use to access Cisco UCS Manager, enter the desired IP   address in the IP Address field in the Virtual IP area.

Step 6  

To change only the name   assigned to the Cisco UCS domain, enter the desired name in the Name field in   the Virtual IP area.

Step 7  

To change the subnet, IP   address, and default gateway assigned to the fabric interconnects, update the   following fields:

• a.       In the Virtual IP area, change the IP address used to access   Cisco UCS Manager in the IP Address field.
  • b.       In the Fabric Interconnect area for each fabric interconnect,   update the following fields:

Name

Description

IP     Address field

The IP address to use when communicating with the fabric     interconnect.

Subnet Mask field

The associated subnet mask.

Default Gateway field

The associated gateway.

Step 8  

Click OK.

Step 9  

Log out of Cisco UCS Manager   GUI and log back in again to see your changes.

Hi,

I have similliar probelm, and i've successfully change my FI management and VIP.. but all my configuration in that cluster are gone, all my service profile, my pool policys are gone. even all of the port at my FI become unconfigured, and i need to reconfigure my equipment from the beginning.

can i changes my Fabric ip address and the VIP into different subnet without impacting the configuration?

i need to change another FI cluster..

Rgds

fhm

The management ip address can be changed anytime without compromised the data flow, if this happen, the data flow disruptive or others configurations changed, call the TAC should be a bug.

By the way, what's your UCSM version?

Hi Ruchard,

I will try at another FI.
if this happens again, i will contact the tac engineer..

Im running UCSM 2.1(1a)

Rgds
fhm

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

Just want to give an update.
Im succesed to change the ip address of my scndry FI cluster without impacting the configuratio, i really dont have any idea why my first try in my First FI cluster erase all my configuration..

Rgds

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card