Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Management IP addresses on an operational UCS chassis

MARK DAUSCHER
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to change management networks and IP addresses that I'm using to access UCS-M and my blades.

For UCS-M is it as simple as changing Management Interfaces on the Admin tab or do I need change IP addresses on each FI via CLI?

Also, I'm using a management IP address pool to assign IP's to my blades. How do I point to a new management IP address pool without changing Service Profiles?

Thanks!

Mark

2 Replies 2

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Mark,

The following link can help you on modifying the IP of  the FI:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/cli/config/guide/1.3.1/CLI_Config_Guide_1_3_1_chapter4.html#task_2A93612BB74B49F5947FC916CB2E3571

Once you change the management network subnet, you'll  have to change the management IP pool as well. The new pool has to be in  the same subnet as the new management IP addresses. If the blades are  pulling the IP from the pool, you just need to delete the old pool and  create the new pool (with the new range) and the blades will take the IP  from it automatically.

./abhinav

Thanks for your knowledge sharing!!! :)

Could you please answer my below query:

1. During this activity will we need to take the existing production in maintenance or there will be no impact in the existing production.

2. The new subnet which we will use, having different VLAN. So after changing the IP we need to change the VLAN on that management port from up link switch end. What you think this will be the right way to do the change or we need to go through a different process?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card