Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing Management IP addresses on an operational UCS chassis

Hello,

I need to change management networks and IP addresses that I'm using to access UCS-M and my blades.

For UCS-M is it as simple as changing Management Interfaces on the Admin tab or do I need change IP addresses on each FI via CLI?

Also, I'm using a management IP address pool to assign IP's to my blades. How do I point to a new management IP address pool without changing Service Profiles?

Thanks!

Mark

1 REPLY
Silver

Changing Management IP addresses on an operational UCS chassis

Mark,

The following link can help you on modifying the IP of  the FI:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/cli/config/guide/1.3.1/CLI_Config_Guide_1_3_1_chapter4.html#task_2A93612BB74B49F5947FC916CB2E3571

Once you change the management network subnet, you'll  have to change the management IP pool as well. The new pool has to be in  the same subnet as the new management IP addresses. If the blades are  pulling the IP from the pool, you just need to delete the old pool and  create the new pool (with the new range) and the blades will take the IP  from it automatically.

./abhinav

Views
Helpful
Replies