Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Cisco 6248 Connectivity Limitations

I am new to the UCS Fabric Interconnects and am wondering if there are limitations to connecting a Cisco 3925 Gen 2 ISR (desinated Voice Gateway) to a fabric interconnect, specifically a 6248 with the latest version of code.  It appears that the FI's support 802.1Q VLAN encapsulation and trunking, which is typically configured in the cisco voice world for any downstream switchport interface to pass Voice, Data, Server VLAN's to the corresponding devices.  It also appears that the FI's will support some forms of quality service, like Priority Queing.  I have not seen where the FI's support LLQ or CBWFQ.  So at the end of the day I would like to know if there are any limitations to connecting a Cisco 3925 Gen 2 ISR to which will be used as a Voice Gateway.  I know that typically its best practice to connect to some other switch, but since the FI has the capabilitiy to running in "switched-mode" I didnt know if this would work.  Thanks to all that review this as well as thanks in advance to anyone who lends any thoughts

- TA

Everyone's tags (4)
CreatePlease to create content